Volunteers are vital to the daily support and efforts for providing safe, warm shelter and services to our community.
- EIM Donation Room: Our Donation Room is where all clothes and personal care items are stored and offered to those in need. Would you like to volunteer to sort, launder & display clothing? Is organizing a form of therapy for you? Volunteering in our Donation Room might be just the place for you! Times are flexible!
- Evening Intake & Companionship: Are you a “people person”? Do you love learning about others lives? Are you interested in offering compassionate support? Consider joining our evening intake shift by meeting and greeting guests, playing games, doing a craft, and engaging in conversation. Typically between 6:15-9:15 pm.
- Errand Volunteers: Throughout the week, our shelter often needs supplies or errands from nearby businesses and stores in Keene. Whether it’s a run to the Post Office, bank, Walmart or Staples, our staff would greatly appreciate an errand person to make these trips for us! Volunteers must have a valid driver’s license, their own transportation, and car insurance. Times are entirely flexible and, unless otherwise arranged, would be on-call or as the need arises.
- Cleaning Volunteers: Cleanliness has always been our priority at Hundred Nights in order to create a safe and comfortable environment for all. However, this pandemic has certainly made cleaning even more critical. Tasks would include wiping down and sanitizing frequently-touched surfaces like handrails, bedframes, chairs and tables; cleaning windows; folding laundry; and/or vacuuming.
- Reception: Would you enjoy being a Hundred Nights Ambassador and greeting those visiting Hundred Nights? Our reception desk is the point of entry for our organization and this volunteer opportunity relies on the important skills of engagement with a wide population of personalities and needs. This position needs volunteer support Monday-Friday from 9 am-5 pm.
Additionally, Hundred Nights is always in need of volunteers who will cook meals on the weekends for our guests! While we lack a kitchen or cooking facilities, we do have lots of frozen ingredients and food that volunteers are welcome to incorporate into their dishes! See our Weekend Dinners page for a calendar of available dates and let us know if you wish to claim one!
If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed, please email Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (603) 352-5197 ext. 103.