Hundred Nights, Inc. Events
Touch a Truck Trunk or Treat
Candlelight Memorial Vigil
for the Homeless
Spring and Shout Dance
held in spring and fall
Spring and Shout – Dance Away Your Cabin Fever
with the Tom Foolery Band
A benefit for Hundred Nights, Inc.
*Spring and Shout Dance postponed indefinitely – stay healthy!
Stay tuned for the new date. If anyone needs a refund of their ticket money please call Mindy at 603-352-5197.
Saturday, March 28, 2020 doors open at 7:30 pm
Keene Country Club, 755 West Hill Rd, Keene, NH
- Savory and sweet hours d’oeuvres
- Silent Auction
- Cash Bar
$45 for single ticket – $75 for two!
For more info call 603-352-5197
*We have replaced our April Fool’s Dance and Masquerade Ball with the Spring & Shout Dance.
Help Us Reach for the Warmth of Home
Giving Tuesday with Hundred Nights Inc
Reaching for the Warmth of Home
*You do not have to have a PayPal account to donate, you can use your credit card in the PayPal cart.
Mindy’s Facebook Fundraiser: https://www.facebook.com/donate/467506470559357/2751594821529505/
With your help, families, along with other men and women who are experiencing homelessness, can find hope and help to make their way back to a life with stable housing and food. By sharing generously today, you can help them reach for the warmth of home again.
Fortunately, we live in a community that cares. That’s one of the many things that make this region special. Your support to Hundred Nights will help scores of our friends and neighbors get the assistance they need, whether it is shelter from the cold, help finding a job or getting food, connecting with agencies that can help with more severe issues, or just giving people a safe place to go and respectful, friendly faces to brighten a dark day. For a person who has lost everything, that can be enough to keep them going and get back on their feet.
Every gift you share will make a huge difference. A gift of $1,000 can keep people from living on the streets in the coldest days and nights of the winter. A gift of $500 can provide resources to help men and women get identification cards and apply for housing and other supports. And a gift of $100 can feed a family for days.
Imagine that you’re in your 60s and you need surgery. You’ve had a host of health problems over the years, but this time the doctors need to remove a blockage in your heart to restore proper blood flow to your brain. Surgery could drastically reduce the risk of a stroke.
It’s pretty serious, and afterward you’ll need time to recover. You’ll feel more tired than usual during the day and should rest often. Nurses might need to come check on you. All of this would be a lot for anyone to handle — but what if you don’t have somewhere to recover after the surgery? What if you don’t have a home where you can rest as needed and care for your body?
For one man, Cope, this “what-if” scenario was a reality. He underwent surgery this past June, and, in his own words, Hundred Nights saved his life. On April 24, the now year-round emergency shelter closed all but 16 beds, and Cope was one of the few people allowed to stay because turning them away could have had dire consequences.
Transportation volunteers gave him a ride to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Nashua for his surgery and brought him back afterward. Hundred Nights let him sleep during the day and invited his visiting nurses to come upstairs to help him recover.
Cope’s story is just one of many where Hundred Nights was there for people who had no other place to turn: a single mother of four, a veteran with alcoholism, a couple with a newborn baby, a man struggling with mental illness, an elderly woman whose basement flooded and her savings dried up. In his own words, Hundred Nights saved me by giving me a place to stay when I was really in need.”
“It could happen to anyone” is an adage that can be difficult to grasp from the comfort of your home, far removed from these “what-ifs.” But all it takes is a lay-off, a natural disaster, a medical emergency to turn a hypothetical into a tragic reality.
For some people, it’s living on a limited income and steady bills, and then the car breaks down and there’s no money to repair it, or a medical situation that breaks the bank, or a lifelong personal battle with addiction, disability or mental illness that’s accompanied by a constant struggle to gain a sense of “normalcy” others might find with ease: go to work, pay rent, repeat. The stories are many.
For men, women and children in each situation, whether it’s a sudden or lifelong experience with homelessness, Hundred Nights serves as a beacon in the night – a hopeful stepping stone toward a stable life, not a last stop. Along with offering hot meals and a place to commune, the resource center helps people draft resumes, prep for job interviews, apply for housing and connect with other agencies.
Your gifts enable every individual in need to find shelter through Hundred Nights. Your donations keep people sheltered during the hottest and coldest nights, provide resources to get identification cards and feed families. Every gift makes a difference, and in some cases, saves a life.
Even as we enjoy the warmth of home, remember that those without a home need our help no matter the time of year. For people like Cope, knowing that your generosity makes it possible for them to get back on their feet makes all the difference. Please give today so we can continue to be there when someone needs our help. Thank you.
P. S. As we know from our own experience, having a roof over our heads is not something we only do part of the year. The need for Hundred Nights is year-round. Please give as generously as you can, so we can help every family and individual in need.
Every gift you share will make a huge difference.
- Donations of $1,000 can keep people from living on the streets in the coldest days and nights of the winter.
- Donations of $500 can provide resources to help men and women get identification cards and apply for housing and other supports.
- Donations of $100 can feed a family for days.
No matter what you can give, your gift will literally save lives. As these days get colder, please think about families and other men and women who need our help, and give as generously as you can. On behalf of people who have lost their homes or are on the edge of losing them – those whose voices are, many times, not heard – thank you for helping our friends and neighbors to reach for the warmth of home.
Join us on Tuesday, December 3 and help us make a difference.
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season.
You Can Help
From December 3 through December 31, PayPal Giving Fund will add 1% to all donations made through paypal.com/fundraiser/charity/2341802.
When you donate you may post on social media with the hashtag #GivingTuesday and help spread the word.
About Hundred Nights, Inc.
Hundred Nights, Inc. is a year-round Emergency Shelter and Resource Center located in Keene, New Hampshire. Hundred Nights helps people year-round to regain the stability of a home, and to get the support they need for issues such as mental health challenges, substance use issues, abuse, unemployment, and basic health. It’s all about helping people to get back on their feet, and keeping people safe in the meantime. Visit HundredNightsInc.org to learn how you can help.
In preparation for opening the Hundred Nights Shelter on November 11, 2019 to anyone in need, the staff has set up orientation sessions for anyone interested in volunteering this coming winter season. We need dozens of people to help with the intake process from 6:30 pm to about 10:00 pm, daily. Intake volunteers greet people coming into the shelter, work with guests to fill in forms, make copies of paperwork, help distribute snacks and personal care items and engage in conversation and board games with people. We are also looking for volunteers to spend time helping in the resource center daily. Please call if you would like more information.
The training sessions are scheduled at the following dates and times:
Tuesday, October 29 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday, November 2 from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Tuesday, November 5 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday, November 9 from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
The training sessions will be held upstairs in the conference room at Hundred Nights, Inc., 15 Lamson St. in Keene. If you are interested in helping out over the winter season as a Shelter Volunteer, please call us at (603) 352-5197 to sign up for an orientation. The staff is also willing to do orientation sessions with interested individuals or groups on an as needed basis. Many hands make lighter work!
Also see our Facebook event
All items that have reached face value or higher are at the bottom of the list! Winners of those items can come into the Hundred Nights office before, during or after the live auction to pick up their item(s), or make arrangements on the phone. The initials of the winning bidders are after each item!
Join us on December 14, 2019, in the Dining Hall at the United Church of Christ on Central Square, in Keene, NH, for the Live Auction!
Parking and the entrance door are on the Vernon St. side of the building.
Preview of available items and registration will begin at 8 am. Live bidding will begin at 9 am!
Credit cards will be accepted as well as checks and cash!
Any item that has not been won before the preview opens at 8 am will be available for silent bidding between 8 and 8:35 am.
Again, if the bid reaches face value or higher by 8:35 am that item will be won and not be part of the Live Auction, which begins at 9 am!
Local auctioneer Brandt Onorato, from Moggie’s Auction House in Marlborough, will preside over the live portion of the event.
Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Please call Mindy at 352-5197 if you have any questions or would like to donate an item or help in some way! We can always use help putting up posters and picking up items!
Hundred Nights, Inc. is a Monadnock United Way Partner Agency. We thank all of you who donate through the United Way!
Here is the list of 2019 Auction Items! NEW Items Have Been Added To The Bottom of The List (not in alphabetical order, starting at #142) Items that have reached face value are at the very bottom of the list – you can outbid them until 3 pm on Dec 11th! Please note the date change due to extenuating circumstances!
2) Al Gauron Fishing Parties – Gift Card for a half day trip for 2 people, includes rods, $82 value – Current High Bid – $55 – RaEl
2A) Al Gauron Fishing Parties – Gift Cards for a half day trip for 2 people, includes rods, $82 value – Current High Bid = $50 – NaBe
5) Apple Hill Center for Chamber Music – Dinner for two at a 2020 Summer Concert, featuring the Apple Hill String Quartet and summer Workshop faculty. Value = $90 Current High Bid = $30 – MaCo
6) Area 52 Tattoo – $100.00 gift certificate Current High Bid = $60 – ArSe
17) Brick House Tile – 100 sq ft floor tile – Florida Marquis Carrara “Marble Look” 12 x 12 Porcelain, Value $470 Current High Bid = $
18) Bromley Mountain – 2 all day adult lift tickets, Value $174 Current High Bid = $50 – NaBe
22) Cathy Krueger Massage – Gift certificate for 90 minutes of Therapeutic Massage, Value $100 Current High Bid = $80 – LaPh
23) CC&D’S Kitchen Market – gift card and a basket full of assorted items – value $90.00 Current High Bid = $55 – LaPh
24) Cheshire Animal Hospital – a gift certificate for $150.00 Current High Bid = $100 – MiGr
29) Clear Water Pool and Spa of Keene – 4 plastic glasses and spa chemicals – value $98.93 Current High Bid = $
30) Cornerstone Chiropractic & Massage – gift certificate for Chiropractic visit, value $50 Current High Bid = $20 – RaEl
38) Feng Tong Kitchen – $30 Gift Certificate Current High Bid = $15 for one – RaEl
45) Harrisville Designs – certificate for class to weave a shawl or scarf – value = $75.00 . Current High Bid = $30 – ChNi
46) Anonymous Donor – Hobbs Jewelers (Peterborough) – $75 Gift certificate Current High Bid = $37 – PaGi
60) Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc — Mountain Top Zipline for 2 people at Morningside Flight Park in Charlestown— Value $98 Current High Bid = $45 – MiLo
62) Little Zoe’s Take and Bake – $72.50 Family Dinner certificate – 2 large pizzas (up to 3 toppings each) 1 order of garlic buns or knots, 1 medium salad and one tub of cookies Current High Bid = $60 – SuTi
67) Marcy Schepker – Handmade blanket – Value $265 Current High Bid = $30 – MiLo
68) Marcy Schepker – Handmade turtle – Value $115 Current High Bid = $15 – MiLo
72) Mint Premium Car Wash – $50 gift certificate Current High Bid = $35 – LaPh
76 & 77) Moda Suo Studio – 2 haircut certificates, Value for woman’s cut = $40 each, value if men’s cut $20 each – Current High Bid = $20 for one – SuBu
78) Momentum Clothing – $25 gift certificate Current High Bid = $
Monadnock Harley Davidson
79) Set of 4 Harley Davidson aluminum pint glasses – Value $29.95 Current High Bid = $
80) Women’s black cardigan size 1 xl / 2 xl – Value $59.99 Current High Bid = $
81) Men’s black tee shirt size xl – Value $20 Current High Bid = $
82) Women’s white tee shirt size XL – Value $20 Current High Bid = $
83) Men’s grey hoodie size S – Value $80 Current High Bid = $
86) Montshire Museum of Science – free admission for two with 10% off from the Museum Store Value $18 Current High Bid = $5 – MiHa
96) Paws for Awhile – $50 gift certificate Current High Bid = $25 – MaCo
97) Paws for Awhile – $50 gift certificate Current High Bid = $
116) Staples – Thule backpack filled with school/office supplies – Value – $105 Current High Bid = $20 – RoCh
117) Staples – Jansport backpack filled with school/office supplies – Value – $82 Current High Bid = $10 – SoKi
118) Staples – Cynthia Crowley backpack filled with school/office supplies – value $57 Current High Bid = $
119) Staples – Sixteen 60 backpack filled with school/office supplies – value – $54 Current High Bid = $15 – SaCo
120) Staples – Jansport backpack filled with school/office supplies – value – $60 Current High Bid = $10 – SoKi
139) Uptown Salon – Assorted hair products along with a gift certificate – value $100 Current High Bid = $50 – TrMi
140) W.S. Badger – Gift Bucket of Assorted Badger products – Value $50 Current High Bid = $30 – NaBe
141) Yankee Publishing – one year subscription to Yankee, a copy of November/December 2019 of Yankee, a My New England calendar, an Old Farmer’s Almanac Weather Watcher’s Calendar, and an Old Farmer’s Almanac Weather Journal – Value = $70.00 Current High Bid = $20 – JoBa
165) Engrave- It – One 4×6 wooden picture frame, engraving included Value $41.95 – Current High Bid = $
166) Engrave- It – One 4×6 wooden picture frame, engraving included Value $41.95 – Current High Bid = $
167) Engrave- It – One 3×5 wooden picture frame, engraving included Value $37.95 – Current High Bid = $
Chili’s – $25 in Gift Cards Current High Bid = $25 – SuBu
Florentine Films/Ken Burns – Autographed “Country Music, an Illustrated History Book” – priceless! Valued at $100 Current High Bid = $100 – MiCa
Frazier & Son Furniture – $100 Gift Card – Current High Bid – $100 – CaLo
Harlows Pub – $25 Gift Card Current High Bid = $25 – DiGo
Life is Sweet/The Flight Deck/Willie Macs – $15 Gift Card good at any of these three places Current High Bid = $15 – ChNi
Local Burger – Two $20.00 gift cards, Total $40 Current High Bid = $40 for two – MaIo
Anonymous Donor – Maple Hill Nursery – Gift certificate for $25.00 Current High Bid = $25 – EiFe
Anonymous Donor – Maple Hill Nursery – Gift certificate for $20.00 Current High Bid = $20 – JuKe
Mint Premium Car Wash – $50 gift certificate Current High Bid = $50 – LaBi
Mint Premium Car Wash – $50 gift certificate Current High Bid = $50 – LaBi
Nicola’s Trattoria – $50 gift certificates Current High Bid = $50 – LaBi
Nicola’s Trattoria – $50 gift certificate Current High Bid = $50 – LaBi
Nissan of Keene – Gift Card for Full Service Wash – Value $39.95 Current High Bid = $39.95 – KaCo
One Stop Country Pet Supply – (2) $10 Gift Cards, Total $20, Bid on one or both Current High Bid = $25 for both – JuBe
One Stop Country Pet Supply – (2) $10 Gift Cards, Total $20, Bid on one or both Current High Bid = $25 for both – JuBe – WOOHOO!!
The Works – Two $25 Gift certificates, Total $50, Bid on one or both Current High Bid = $25 for one – JuBe, Current High Bid = $25 for one – DiRi
Thank you to everyone who donated items for our auction!
Thank you to our Auction Sponsors:
NorthEast Mountain Footwear
Fenton Family Dealerships
Nissan of Keene
Dead River Company
Savings Bank of Walpole
Online Auction Bids – ONLINE BIDDING IS NOW CLOSED!!!
This is how you can participate in the online/silent part of the Auction: Starting November 8th there will be a list here (below) of all of the donated items, services and gift certificates, and what the minimum bid is for each one. If you see an item you would like to bid on please send an email to email@example.com with your name, email and phone number, the description of the item and the amount you would like to bid. The initials of the highest current bidder with the amount of the bid will be listed on the website next to the description of the item….so keep checking to see if you are still in the running! Online bidding opens November 8th and closes December 11th – the winning bids on December 11th will be those that reach face value, or higher, at 3 pm, and those items will not go to the live auction. This means that you can outbid someone up until December 11th. Winners of those items can come in to the Hundred Nights office before, during or after the live auction to pick up their item(s). THE WINNERS INITIALS ARE THE ONES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST!!